The new Accounts Transactions report provides some amazing flexibility.
Please click here for some information about this report provided by Xero’s new Help Central functions.
We have customised some great reports that some churches love using this new Accounts Transactions report. One of these is what we call the Missions Donations Payable report. The purpose of this report is to display the amount of donations received and paid out for mission workers/organisations.
Another name could be Donations Received for Onpayment
The report can be produced in summary as below:
Debit Column displays the amounts paid to the mission
Credit Column displays the amounts received for the mission
The Amount in the Gross Column at the bottom of each Tracking Group represents the donations received but not yet paid the Mission
Steps to create this report
- Set up a Tracking Option for each of your Mission organisations. Click here for details on how to set up Tracking in Xero
- Allocate Donations Received for OnPayments account for tracking to transactions
- Produce the Report
- Go to Reports>All Reports>Accounts Transactions (New)
- Click on Accounts and select the Donations Received for OnPayments account
- Select/enter the Date Range
- Click Update
- Review the report and decide on the fields you would like to display.
- Click Report Settings
- Select the fields you wish to display
- Layout – select the Group by Tracking Category that includes the Tracking Options. If you want to create the Summary report select Summarise by Tracking.
- Click Update
- At the bottom of the report click Save As Draft or Custom
To find this report in future, go to Reports>All Reports>Drafts or Custom
For more information about the New reports in Xero please see these links:
Please contact us to discuss this article further or you need any help with your church’s financial management processes at [email protected] or 1300 138 627
© Benkorp Management Services Pty Ltd 2018