Financial Management for
Anglican Diocese of Newcastle
Come and look around.
You will find information about the accounting package exclusive to Anglican Diocese of Newcastle.
Benkorp & the Anglican Diocese of Newcastle
Benkorp works with the Diocesan Office finance team to develop, and maintain the church accounting package specifically for the Anglican Diocese of Newcastle.
Local churches have their own financial responsibilities as well as compliance with government and taxation requirements and reporting to the Diocesan Office.
Benkorp has significant experience and understanding of the requirements of church accounting. This experience is now applied to this project to help raise the standard of financial management for all Anglican Parishes in the Newcastle Diocese.
We understand how demanding the responsibilities are in a local Parish and especially for volunteers and staff.
There is a solution for your Parish with some options for setup, training and ongoing support.
What is ADNAS : Anglican Diocese of Newcastle Accounting Support Package?
It is the package specifically designed for use in all Parishes and churches in the Newcastle Diocese.
ADNAS is built on the Xero accounting platform and designed to last for the long term. It will provide you with full bookkeeping functionality as well as streamline your reporting, internal and external.
The ADNAS package is available now and has several options in the Package.
Find out how to get started using this new package
Benkorp will set up a new fresh accounting system for your Parish and include features specifically for your local circumstances. There are several services being offered including the setup, training and ongoing support.
Do you need help with your bookkeeping and accounting?
Are you having any difficulty keeping up-to-date with the accounts or reporting?
Is your treasurer too busy to do all the bookkeeping, and needs help with reporting or the BAS?
Benkorp is available to provide all or part of your bookkeeping and accounting functions – regularly or during staff/volunteer absences.
Do you want more assistance or training than is included in the standard package?
- Are the accounts up-to-date and completed for the AGM that is due soon?
- Have all the BASs been submitted?
- Are the expense claims for ministers and staff being processed easily? Are you using credit cards to simplify these processes?
- Are your Parish’s annual financial reports prepared and ready for the auditors?
As part of this setup you could take the opportunity to catchup and be well prepared for the coming year.
Welcome to the ADNAS Package
The Anglican Diocese of Newcastle Accounting Support (ADNAS) Package has been developed to provide consistency and support for local Parishes in relation to:
- managing Parish financial accounting,
- reporting to Parish Councils and committees
- compliance with government regulations, and
- annual reporting to the Diocesan Office and other bodies.
The development work has been undertaken jointly by the Diocesan Office and Benkorp Management Services.
Benkorp are certified Gold Level Advisors for the Xero accounting system and have considerable experience in church accounting. Benkorp provides the initial setup and training and on-going technical support for ADNAS to assist Parishes best utilise the product.
The ADNAS Package includes access to all of the following services (some are optional):
- The Xero accounting system
- Full Chart of Accounts
- Training for setup
- Reporting suite
- Ongoing support contract
- Training for new treasurers, especially at changeover
- Training and support for updates, in Diocesan reporting, Xero and other related accounting and tech updates
- Ongoing bookkeeping services
- Ad hoc support
- Access to the Church Accounting support group
ADNAS is made available to Parishes subject to the terms of the Licence Agreement.
May the blessing of wisdom be with you in your successful use of ADNAS and we trust it will assist you in the effective stewardship of your Parish’s finances.
Diocesan Chief Financial Officer
Anglican Diocese of Newcastle
Xero set up service
A. BASIC XERO SET–UP FOR LOCAL CHURCHES
- use the Church Standard Chart of Accounts
- basic Tracking Category set up for separate reporting, such as departments, ministries, properties, activities, events, missions
- assistance to set up automatic bank feeds (or export-import for non-compliant banks)
Basic setup fee: $595 (excl GST)
Basic setup fee, including 3 hours Training - recommended: $1000 (excl GST)
B. BASIC-PLUS XERO FOR LOCAL CHURCHES
- BASIC XERO SET UP (as above) +
- opening balances entered, mapped from your previous chart of accounts
- Setup the Sales Invoice with a basic church relevant format
BasicPLUS setup fee: $745 (excl GST)
BasicPLUS setup fee, including 3 hours Training - recommended: $1200 (excl GST)
C/D. MIGRATE EXISTING MYOB DATAFILE TO XERO
- migrate up to 2 years transactions from 1 x MYOB to Xero (depending on the last “rollover” date)
- make necessary adjustments to complete Xero Setup
- See Essential details here: Migrate from MYOB to Xero FAQs
Note: A datafile Migration may not be the best approach for all churches with existing MYOB data files especially as the data coming over from MYOB is not good and/or the datafile needs a clean up! This will be determined in discussion with Benkorp on a case-by-case basis.
C. Base fee - $695 + GST - Migrate existing PC-MYOB file to Xero
Base fee with included 3 hours of training- $1150 + GST - Migrate existing PC-MYOB file to Xero plus 3 hours of training
D. Accelerated Fee - $795 + GST - Migrate existing MYOB file when ANY of the following occur or are required:
- the MYOB file to be migrate/Converted is an MYOB AccountEdge file
- there are more than 100 jobs/Categories
- the file size is between 350MB-800MB
- the file has been previously migrated/converted to Xero before using Jetconvert conversion services
- when there are more than 50 employees on the payroll
- more history is required
- when there are some File Verification Errors
- additional customer, supplier & stock information is required
- higher priority service required
This Migration/Conversion is not possible when:
- the file is over 800MB.
- has complicated inventory eg negative inventory or Multi-Currency/locations
- Files with negative inventory
- Is an MYOB Essentials File
- Includes WET/WEG taxes
- Includes some unusual Tax Rates
- there are more that 500 Jobs/Categories
- the MYOB file is corrupted
- the MYOB file version is too old
- There are multiple deposits applied against an order
- there maybe other unforeseen reasons
E. CONVERT EXISTING XERO DATAFILE TO CHURCH STANDARD
- convert your current church Xero system to the Church Standard Chart of Accounts
- includes conversation with your liaison person to confirm mapping (max 45 mins)
- make adjustments to existing accounts eg Journals if required
- review and correct Advanced and Organisation Settings as necessary
Convert one existing Xero file to Church standard setup $ 395.00 exGST
- When there are complications in the Chart of Accounts, Tracking Categories and Opening balances, we will review and discuss with you - examples, COA very many accounts, >100 jobs.
- If any of these matters arise, and additional services are necessary, we will discuss with you and obtain your agreement before we begin.
- Additional fees, of $150 per hour, may apply and will be discussed with you before commencing .
Additional fees if:
– there are more than 100 jobs/Categories
– the file is greater than 350MB
- it is necessary to re-make or re-run a migration, because of technical issues with your MYOB datafile, may require an additional fee as per arrangements with the conversion service, JetConvert.
- the datafile file has been previously been migrated to Xero using the Jetconvert conversion services. This is because the migration process may impinge on the MYOB datafile
- Additional fees may apply and will be discussed with you before commencing
PAYROLL SETUP SERVICE
There are special services for Payroll setup
This is for a church who prepares the payroll locally. 2 services available:
1. Payroll Basic setup includes:
The basic payroll facility and settings, includes payroll categories, calendar/s, super funds
Fee for Payroll Basic setup $200 (excl GST)
2. Payroll Full setup includes:
*using the Benkorp payroll information forms
Detailed payroll setup of individual employees, within the Basic setup settings, includes:
- basic employee details
- wages, deductions, leave, benefits
- payroll special benefits, such as salary sacrifice, NCB,
- carried forward balances
Fee for each Standard employee without benefits: $75 per employee (excl GST)
Fee for each Benefits employee with MEA, MEF, NCB or PBI salary sacrifice: $150 per employee (excl GST)
Creation of non-standard report.
$100 per hour. Minimum 1 hour.
Descriptions of the
Accounting for Churches
Ongoing Bookkeeping and Accounting
The pain in DIY bookkeeping
Bookkeeping and the work associated with it is often a chore for people around a church who feel bogged down week after week with paperwork,
- BAS and compliance requirements for the ATO,
- regular (monthly) finance reports,
- payments to be made
- customer invoices to be raised
This is the service that can free-up your volunteers and staff so that they can get on with the ministry and mission of your church
The Benkorp bookkeeping service
Using a bookkeeping service will alleviate the pressures on a local Church to find and retain their own bookkeeper, accountant and/or treasurer – whether that person is staff or volunteer.
Our church clients find this very helpful because it is becoming increasingly difficult for churches to find members who have the time, capacity or expertise to maintain the bookkeeping and accounting.
This is an increasingly complex area of church life and people don’t need to be stressed with these pressures.
Members of the congregation want to enjoy church life and express their faith in serving people and the community.
Up-to-date accounts and compliance
Current and accurate accounts allows the church to
- stay up-to-date with all the compliance updates such as ATO and ACNC,
- make payments on time,
- ensure that users of church facilities are invoiced for their usage and
- monitor income offerings and donations,
- prepare reports for local committees and the denominational head o
Find out more now
Simply contact the Benkorp Team to discuss your situation and requirements.
Our team is ready to help you and your church so that your needs for proper financial management are well served.
Fees for ongoing bookkeeping
Based on your Requirements Questionnaire, Benkorp prepares a presentation for your church. After discussion and agreement with you a fee is agreed
The fee is an annual fee for all services provided by Benkorp and then invoiced to the church monthly
There are 2 Service Plan options:
- Full Service - Benkorp maintains all the bookkeeping, finance compliance requirements and prepare regular reporting for the council/board
- Shared Service - your church and Benkorp share the bookkeeping and accounting following an agreed schedule with clear processes
Make life easier for the current treasurer and the next treasurer
Often the role is quite onerous and avoided by members of the church.
Therefore, by implementing a plan for ongoing services the church management will make it much easier for your church to attract a treasurer. Using specialised outsourced services relieves that pressure and need for a treasurer to have bookkeeping, accounting and financial expertise. They can fulfil their role by liaising with this outsourcing service provided by Benkorp.
Consider one of the 2 plans and discuss with us how your church could take advantage of the service
- FULL SERVICE BOOKKEEPING AND ACCOUNTING
A complete online service provided by Benkorp, using the Xero Accounting system, including:
- Income – offerings, donations, rentals and hires
- Bill (supplier invoices) processing and payments
- Bank entries
- Bank reconciliations
- Payroll processing and related requirements with employee portal
- Month-end reconciliations
- Reporting - local councils, boards, committees external obligations
- ATO including BAS
- Worker’s Compensation form completion
- Liaise with, and prepare for, your financial year-end audit/assurance
- Annual review meetings with your treasurer/team and more
Book a Discovery Session with one of the Benkorp Team
- JOINT/SHARED SERVICE BOOKKEEPING AND ACCOUNTING
The local church is responsible for some of the basic administrative and bookkeeping functions using the Xero UCAP system.
- This is a great way to save money if you have a savvy admin person on staff or volunteering.
- Benkorp will complete the remaining financial management functions as agreed, and Benkorp provides the training and support to enable a team effort.
Book a Discovery Session with one of the Benkorp Team
- SPECIAL SERVICE ACCOUNTING
At your request for Benkorp to work through accounting issues and troubleshooting.
Relates to “technical” accounting and bookkeeping issues rather than simply Xero procedures. These maybe too difficult or complicated for your staff or volunteers to resolve without assistance.
May include matters such as:
- resolving reconciliation issues,
- extended investigation and highlighting of problems with transactions,
- matters arising from an assurance review, ongoing review or audit
Clients with another form of Benkorp Agreement, fees $135 per hour
Clients without another Benkorp Agreement, ie ad hoc, fees $150 per hour
Note: if your church is not yet using Xero, this is the best opportunity to start.
Simply complete an Order Form for a Standard Package
Note: All prices Exclude GST
Privacy and Contractual Policies
All services provided by Benkorp are covered by our Terms and Conditions LINK
Our liability is limited by a scheme approved under Professional Standards Legislation. Further information on the scheme is available from the Professional Standards Councils’: https://www.psc.gov.au/