Financial Management for the
Let’s talk about streamlining your church’s accounting
Benkorp & the Uniting Church
Benkorp has been working with the Uniting Church for over 25 years
We have a passion to raise the standard of financial management for His Glory! . The Uniting Church Administration Package (UCAP) is an easy to use supported bookkeeping & accounting system designed for Uniting Church Congregations.
We understand how demanding the responsibilities are in a church and especially for volunteers.
Change of Treasurer or need a fresh start in your church accounts?
Benkorp can set up a new fresh accounting system that is built to last for the long term and will streamline your reporting internally & externally.
Do you need help with your bookkeeping and accounting?
Are you having any difficulty keeping up-to-date with the accounts or reporting?
When you need some help or a change in the way you have been managing your finances Benkorp is available to take over all or part of your bookkeeping and accounting functions. Available for temporary support or regular ongoing bookkeeping.
Do you want training to ensure that everything is being done properly and efficiently as possible?
We can provide training and support for your volunteers and staff to ensure that your congregation’s obligations to the ATO and UR or UFS are met.
We can help you ensure that you receive accurate financial information efficiently so that you can manage the finances of the congregation properly.
Present timely, relevant, accurate, and including budget comparisons for your members or Church Council. The Annual Financial Return (AFR) for UR is prepared as a standard report.
From Our Uniting Church Customers
Thanks to all at Benkorp for your professional and efficient services that help produce these outstanding results.”
UCA Sydney Presbytery
Whilst I have found it very challenging I have enjoyed reaching a level where I can use the system and have since decided to use Xero for my personal Superfund.
I would Recommend Benkorp to others as I have found Jeanette and Karen very supportive through my learning.” David Elphick
I was introduced to Jeanette and she’s a gem, a great asset to the company. There were many a questions and I am sure I must have provided much frustration but she was very patient and forthright with giving information…. I must have hassled Jeanette so much but not once was she rude. She even sent her responses during the weekend. That is putting the customer first, very rare these days.
It was the people that I dealt with, that helped decide to go ahead with Benkorp. A package can be great but if I can’t get the assistance required, the exercise will become futile…My dealings with Benkorp have been great and I would not hesitate to recommend their services to anyone.
The whole process was so smooth and the staff at Benkorp were amazing. Let me sum it up by saying that it has been a great journey, an experience I value immensely.”Dhammika Singham
Xero set up service
A. BASIC XERO SET–UP FOR LOCAL CHURCHES
- use the Church Standard Chart of Accounts
- basic Tracking Category set up for separate reporting, such as departments, ministries, properties, activities, events, missions
- payroll basic setup, including a minister’s basic pay setup
- assistance to set up automatic bank feeds (or export-import for non-compliant banks)
Basic setup fee: $495 (excl GST)
B. BASIC-PLUS XERO FOR LOCAL CHURCHES
- BASIC XERO SET UP (as above) +
- opening balances entered, mapped from your previous chart of accounts
- Setup the Sales Invoice with a basic church relevant format
BasicPLUS setup fee: $745 (excl GST)
C/D. MIGRATE EXISTING MYOB DATAFILE TO XERO
- migrate up to 2 years transactions from 1 x MYOB to Xero (depending on the last “rollover” date)
- make necessary adjustments to complete Xero Setup
- See Essential details here: Migrate from MYOB to Xero FAQs
Note: A datafile Migration may not be the best approach for all churches with existing MYOB data files especially as the data coming over from MYOB is not good and/or the datafile needs a clean up! This will be determined in discussion with Benkorp on a case-by-case basis.
C. Base fee - $495 + GST - Migrate existing PC-MYOB file to Xero
D. Accelerated Fee - $845 + GST - Migrate existing MYOB file when ANY of the following occur or are required:
- the MYOB file to be migrate/Converted is an MYOB AccountEdge file
- there are more than 100 jobs/Categories
- the file size is between 350MB-800MB
- the file has been previously migrated/converted to Xero before using Jetconvert conversion services
- when there are more than 50 employees on the payroll
- more history is required
- when there are some File Verification Errors
- additional customer, supplier & stock information is required
- higher priority service required
This Migration/Conversion is not possible when:
- the file is over 800MB.
- has complicated inventory eg negative inventory or Multi-Currency/locations
- Files with negative inventory
- Is an MYOB Essentials File
- Includes WET/WEG taxes
- Includes some unusual Tax Rates
- there are more that 500 Jobs/Categories
- the MYOB file is corrupted
- the MYOB file version is too old
- there maybe other unforeseen reasons
E. CONVERT EXISTING XERO DATAFILE TO CHURCH STANDARD
- convert your current church Xero system to the Church Standard Chart of Accounts
- includes conversation with your liaison person to confirm mapping (max 45 mins)
- make adjustments to existing accounts eg Journals if required
- review and correct Advanced and Organisation Settings as necessary
Convert one existing Xero file to Church standard setup $ 395.00 exGST
- When there are complications in the Chart of Accounts, Tracking Categories and Opening balances, we will review and discuss with you - examples, COA very many accounts, >100 jobs.
- If any of these matters arise, and additional services are necessary, we will discuss with you and obtain your agreement before we begin.
- Additional fees, of $150 per hour, may apply and will be discussed with you before commencing .
Additional fees if:
– there are more than 100 jobs/Categories
– the file is greater than 350MB
- it is necessary to re-make or re-run a migration, because of technical issues with your MYOB datafile, may require an additional fee as per arrangements with the conversion service, JetConvert.
- the datafile file has been previously been migrated to Xero using the Jetconvert conversion services. This is because the migration process may impinge on the MYOB datafile
- Additional fees may apply and will be discussed with you before commencing
SET-UP PAYROLL SERVICE
There is a special setup service for Payroll
This is for a church who prepares any payroll locally:
- the basic payroll facility is included in the
- Xero Basic and BasicPlus Setup packages
- migration from MYOB
- setup additional employees using the Benkorp payroll forms:
- employee all details
- payroll benefits
- carried forward balances
Fee for Payroll settings setup: $200 (excl GST)
Fee for each additional Standard employees without benefits: $75 per employee (excl GST)
Fee for each additional employee with MEA, MEF or NCB: $150 per employee (excl GST)
Descriptions of the
Accounting for Churches
Ongoing Bookkeeping and Accounting
The pain in DIY bookkeeping
Bookkeeping and the work associated with it is often a chore for people around a church who feel bogged down week after week with paperwork,
- BAS and compliance requirements for the ATO,
- regular (monthly) finance reports,
- payments to be made
- customer invoices to be raised
This is the service that can free-up your volunteers and staff so that they can get on with the ministry and mission of your church
The Benkorp bookkeeping service
Using a bookkeeping service will alleviate the pressures on a local Church to find and retain their own bookkeeper, accountant and/or treasurer – whether that person is staff or volunteer.
Our church clients find this very helpful because it is becoming increasingly difficult for churches to find members who have the time, capacity or expertise to maintain the bookkeeping and accounting.
This is an increasingly complex area of church life and people don’t need to be stressed with these pressures.
Members of the congregation want to enjoy church life and express their faith in serving people and the community.
Up-to-date accounts and compliance
Current and accurate accounts allows the church to
- stay up-to-date with all the compliance updates such as ATO and ACNC,
- make payments on time,
- ensure that users of church facilities are invoiced for their usage and
- monitor income offerings and donations,
- prepare reports for local committees and the denominational head o
Find out more now
Simply contact the Benkorp Team to discuss your situation and requirements.
Our team is ready to help you and your church so that your needs for proper financial management are well served.
Fees for ongoing bookkeeping
Based on your Requirements Questionnaire, Benkorp prepares a presentation for your church. After discussion and agreement with you a fee is agreed
The fee is an annual fee for all services provided by Benkorp and then invoiced to the church monthly
There are 2 Service Plan options:
- Full Service - Benkorp maintains all the bookkeeping, finance compliance requirements and prepare regular reporting for the council/board
- Shared Service - your church and Benkorp share the bookkeeping and accounting following an agreed schedule with clear processes
Make life easier for the current treasurer and the next treasurer
Often the role is quite onerous and avoided by members of the church.
Therefore, by implementing a plan for ongoing services the church management will make it much easier for your church to attract a treasurer. Using specialised outsourced services relieves that pressure and need for a treasurer to have bookkeeping, accounting and financial expertise. They can fulfil their role by liaising with this outsourcing service provided by Benkorp.
Consider one of the 2 plans and discuss with us how your church could take advantage of the service
- FULL SERVICE BOOKKEEPING AND ACCOUNTING
A complete online service provided by Benkorp, using the Xero Accounting system, including:
- Income – offerings, donations, rentals and hires
- Bill (supplier invoices) processing and payments
- Bank entries
- Bank reconciliations
- Payroll processing and related requirements with employee portal
- Month-end reconciliations
- Reporting - local councils, boards, committees external obligations
- ATO including BAS
- Worker’s Compensation form completion
- Liaise with, and prepare for, your financial year-end audit/assurance
- Annual review meetings with your treasurer/team and more
Book a Discovery Session with one of the Benkorp Team
- JOINT/SHARED SERVICE BOOKKEEPING AND ACCOUNTING
The local church is responsible for some of the basic administrative and bookkeeping functions using the Xero UCAP system.
- This is a great way to save money if you have a savvy admin person on staff or volunteering.
- Benkorp will complete the remaining financial management functions as agreed, and Benkorp provides the training and support to enable a team effort.
Book a Discovery Session with one of the Benkorp Team
- SPECIAL SERVICE ACCOUNTING
At your request for Benkorp to work through accounting issues and troubleshooting.
Relates to “technical” accounting and bookkeeping issues rather than simply Xero procedures. These maybe too difficult or complicated for your staff or volunteers to resolve without assistance.
May include matters such as:
- resolving reconciliation issues,
- extended investigation and highlighting of problems with transactions,
- matters arising from an assurance review, ongoing review or audit
Clients with another form of Benkorp Agreement, fees $135 per hour
Clients without another Benkorp Agreement, ie ad hoc, fees $150 per hour
Note: if your church is not yet using Xero, this is the best opportunity to start.
Simply complete an Order Form for a Standard Package
Note: All prices Exclude GST
Privacy and Contractual Policies
All services provided by Benkorp are covered by our Terms and Conditions LINK
Our liability is limited by a scheme approved under Professional Standards Legislation. Further information on the scheme is available from the Professional Standards Councils’: