Last updated: 20th August, 2017
Benkorp Management Services (Benkorp) values the privacy of our clients, potential clients, their employees, volunteers and contractors and is committed to maintaining privacy and confidentiality of our clients accounts and records.
We continually assess our risk and look at what measures we should implement to protect the privacy of the information we hold. This includes collection of information, use, disclosure, storage, and destruction.
TYPES OF INFORMATION COLLECTED
Benkorp Management Services retains records of personal and sensitive information about individuals, businesses and organisations for the purpose of providing bookkeeping and accounting services. We may need to collect information such as:
Business & Personal Information
• Contact details (addresses, phone numbers, email addresses)
• Employment details
• Bank details
• Superannuation Membership Details
• Organisation Taxation Information (ABN, PAYG & GST registration)
• Personal details, Tax File Number, Employee Superannuation, payroll details for payroll
• Financial Records
• Individual Qualifications, health information and family relations
• Tax Accountant’s details & authorization to disclose information
• Business Financial transactions
Online Banking Details
– Authorisation may be required to access bank accounts online to:
- Upload payments for our clients if required
- To download bank transaction data
- To view transaction data
How we collect personal information
We may collect the following information when:
• When an online form is completed and submitted
• When a document with personal information is provided to us
• deal with us over the telephone;
• email us;
• meeting in person or online
We will use personal information only for the particular purpose that provided it which is to provide our services or for a directly related purpose such as required or permitted by law or with personal consent.
• We will usually collect personal information directly from individuals or their employers or representatives of these employees
• In some instances, you may provide us with information relating to an associate of yours. Please ensure that you are authorised by the associate to provide the information to Benkorp.
How we hold personal information
We collect the above data by way of forms, documents, telephone calls and emails. The data is then recorded and stored online in our project management, administration and accounting software
• If you cease to be our client your data will be retained by us for 5 years as stipulated by the Australian Taxation Office. After this your data will be destroyed or deleted from our systems.
• The security of your Personal Information is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Contact Benkorp for more detailed information about our security procedures
How we use personal information
Benkorp collects and holds personal information in order to complete the services we are engaged to do or to refer to other service providers. These services may include audit, accounting, taxation, bookkeeping, financial planning or finance brokering.
Benkorp Management Services operates http://www.benkorp.com.
We use Personal Information only for providing and improving the Site. Using the Site, is considered to be an agreement to the collection and use of information in accordance with this policy. While using our Web Site, we may ask users to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify them. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to name and email address.
1. Log Data
Like many site operators, we collect information that browsers sends whenever our Site (“Log Data”) is visited. This Log Data may include information such as user’s computer’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, browser version, the pages of our Site that you visit, the time and date of a visit, the time spent on those pages and other statistics.
In addition, we may use third party services such as Google Analytics that collect, monitor and analyze this.
We may use Personal Information to contact people with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials.
Cookies are files with small amount of data, which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a web site and stored on your computer’s hard drive. Like many sites, we use “cookies” to collect information. Browsers can be adjusted to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent.
USE & DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
• Our clients’ data is held by us in strict confidence. We will never divulge information to any other organization or person unless we have written/email permission.
• We do not share your personal information with other organisations outside of Benkorp unless consent is given, or where sharing is otherwise required or permitted by law, or where this is necessary on a temporary basis.
• We will not disclose personal information to overseas recipients. When we temporarily provide personal information to companies who perform services for us, such as specialist information technology companies or other contractors, we require those companies to protect personal information as diligently as we do.
• We send an email newsletter list held by MailChimp to give up-to-date information. People can easily opt out of receiving our newsletter by following the prompts on the newsletter.
• Even though we may need to request Tax File Numbers we will never use that number as a personal identifier in our database.
The circumstances under which we may disclose information
• We may need to disclose personal information in certain circumstances, such as when we need to contact the Australian Taxation Office in the performance of our professional services,
• We may also disclose personal information with express consent where disclosure is necessary to achieve the purpose for which it was submitted.
• Please note that if Benkorp is required by law to release information about our clients or their employees, we are required to cooperate completely.
If you believe the information we hold is incorrect
If you believe that the information we hold is inaccurate or out of date, please contact us and we will review and update as required.
Email: [email protected]
Phone: 1300 138 627
Mail: PO Box 61, Glebe NSW 2037