Frequently Asked Questions about
Superannuation & Terminations
These are some of the most commonly asked questions about superannuation.
If you can’t see an answer to your question, please feel free to contact us and we’ll be happy to help.
Q. When an employee is made redundant or terminated – what SGC superannuation is payable?
1. Superannuation IS payable on
- Payments in Lieu of Notice
- Wages to Termination
2. Superannuation NOT payable on
- Unused annual leave
- Unused LSL
- Unused LSL leave and annual leave loading.
- Genuine Redundancy Payment
Refer to the ATO website for full list of Ordinary Time Earning categories that attract superannuation