Service Descriptions for the
Anglican Diocese of Newcastle Accounting Support Package
XERO ACCOUNTING SYSTEM SUBSCRIPTION
A Xero subscription provides you with access to your church’s Xero Accounting system.
- unlimited number of users
- each user has access to functions per agreed permissions
- best for each user to use their personal email address (not as church general email address) because each access is personal and not available to anyone else. No sharing of personal access. A personal login allows the person access to all Xero organisations where they have authorised login.
- Xero subscriptions are payable monthly in advance. Benkorp will invoice your Parish each month.
- The subs amount is based on the number of active employees on Payroll on your church’s Xero datafile, therefore, when you are not using Xero Payroll the number is 0.
Note: The Xero Subscription fee may vary over time, with appropriate notice given. See this link for Xero pricing https://www.xero.com/au/pricing/
Compare and consider if this plan is right for you:
Invoices and quotes
$ Month subscript
Starter (new Sept 2020)
EXPENSES APP SUBSCRIPTION
The Xero Expenses App on your phone offers organisations a more efficient way to manage expense claims.
The Expenses App facilitates the submission of expenses by employees, volunteers and others whom the church reimburses directly for their spending on behalf of the church.
How the Expenses App works:
- the claimant enters details of their claim including scan-copies of relevant tax invoices and other docs
- then, submit their claim, linked to your Xero accounting system, for easy processing of expense claims
- a person entitled to authorise the claim will approve/disapprove the Claim
- admin/bookkeeping team arrange payment of the approved expense claims
- Faster expense capture
- iOS and Android apps
- Simple and intuitive workflows
- Greater insights and powerful analytics
- Simplified processes and workflows, accurate recording in accounts system
Expenses App subscriptions are payable monthly in advance, and will be billed by Benkorp to your Church:
$5 per user
Note: All prices Exclude GST
Xero Set Up
The setup process has 7 easy steps:
- Simply, you read the Descriptions here about the services available
- Complete an Order Form for your Xero Package and include any Additional Services that you require.
- After this, Benkorp will respond to your Order with a Request for Details form asking for the relevant information about the accounting and bookkeeping of your church to inform the background of the Xero setup specifically for your church.
- When the setup is completed Benkorp will send you an invitation to access the Xero system of your church.
- You accept the Invitation. Then you are ready to start your training and/or continue to customise the Xero for your church and proceed with bookkeeping activities
- Reference to “Church Standard Chart of Accounts”, means the Newcastle Anglican Diocesan’s Standard CoA. It has been developed with the Diocesan finance team. The ADNASP standard CoAs is current at the time of setup of your Xero accounting system.
- Payroll is not included because most Newcastle Diocesan parishes have their payroll processed at the Diocesan Office. Additional special setup service is available for Payroll.
There are 6 ADNASP setup Packages to choose from:
1. BASIC XERO SET–UP FOR LOCAL CHURCHES
- use the ADNAS Standard Chart of Accounts
- basic Tracking Category set up for separate reporting, such as departments, ministries, properties, activities, events, missions
- assistance to set up automatic bank feeds (or export-import for non-compliant banks)
Basic setup fee: $495
(Prices excl GST)
2. BASIC-PLUS XERO FOR LOCAL CHURCHES
- BASIC XERO SET UP (as above) +
- opening balances entered for you, using the ADNAS Chart of Accounts.
- Setup the Sales Invoice with a basic church relevant format.
BasicPLUS setup fee: $745
(Prices excl GST)
5. MIGRATE EXISTING MYOB DATAFILE TO XERO
- migrate up to the past 2 years transactions from 1 x MYOB to Xero (depends on last “rollover” date)
- make necessary adjustments to complete Xero Setup
- See notes here for more details: Migrate from MYOB to Xero FAQs
- Every Migration requires the conversion of the new Xero datafile into the ADNAS Standard Chart Of Accounts
Note: A datafile Migration may not be the best approach for all churches with existing MYOB data files. This will be determined in discussion with Benkorp on a case-by-case basis:
Migrate and Convert one existing PC-MYOB file to Xero fee: $495 (Prices excl GST)
Migrate and Convert one existing Mac-MYOB file to Xero fee: $795(Prices excl GST)
6 CONVERT EXISTING XERO DATAFILE TO ADNAS
- to the ADNAS standard Chart of Accounts
- make adjustments to existing accounts eg Journals if required
- review and correct Payroll set up if required because your Parish has not yet, or
- has only recently, transferred payroll to the Diocese Office
- review and correct Advanced and Organisation Settings as necessary
Convert one existing Xero file to Church standard setup, fee: $395 (Prices excl GST)
SET-UP PAYROLL SERVICE
There is a special setup service for Payroll
This is for a church who prepares any payroll locally:
- the basic payroll facility is included in the
- Xero Basic and BasicPlus Setup packages
- migration from MYOB
- setup additional employees using the Benkorp payroll forms:
- employee all details
- payroll benefits
- carried forward balances
Fee for each additional employee: $60 per employee
Payroll NCB/MEA employees: $135 per employee
Note: All prices Exclude GST
There are many areas of church finance and administration that require special attention from time to time
- change of treasurer and the new treasurer aims to raise the standards of financial management. Benkorp can facilitate workshop/s to assist your process
- the management or other special teams want to review the administration and finances and related procedures and processes
- it’s time to review and improve the budget processes
The needs of your local church for reviews and improvements can be helped, so please choose from these options:
for people in your church – volunteers (in any of their many capacities and roles), clergy, ministry and administration staff. These are prepared Workshops customised for your situation and circumstances. They are presented after consultation with you to take note of your requirements:
- Finance for Non-finance people, Benkorp can provide expert training for church leaders and teams on how to read understand and work with financial matters of the church – ie not business.
- Especially for the treasurer and their team. In a Workshop Format for your church; including how to read and understand financial reports, basics of the Xero system how to use it, support for your treasurer.
- Administration and financial management methods. Financial Management specifically for churches, and customised for your local Congregation. Procedures and processes to streamline and make it easier for your teams to operate and replicate (ie find new team members).Whether you have a business manager or simply a volunteer team this is suitable for your church – for your committees, wardens, elders, staff, board and management team.
- church finance and management topics in workshops, include:
- church accounting and finances,
- budgeting in a church environment,
- managing a giving and donation income environment
- helping ministers manage their ‘non cash benefits’ allowances
- helping the treasurer and admin support staff help the minister with their ‘non cash benefits’ allowance
Fees for Workshops will be agreed during discussions about the requirements of your Congregation/church
All churches require that their accounts and financial statements are checked through an independent review process at least once every year.
Although this check has traditionally been provided through an Audit Report, there is an alternative available which provides a similar outcome – the Assurance Report.
See detailed information sheet: https://www.benkorp.com/?s=assurance+review
Assurance review report, fee: $650 per review
Ongoing Bookkeeping and Accounting
The pain in DIY bookkeeping
Bookkeeping and the work associated with it is often a chore for people around a church who feel bogged down week after week with paperwork,
- BAS and compliance requirements for the ATO,
- regular (monthly) finance reports,
- payments to be made
- customer invoices to be raised
This is the service that can free-up your volunteers and staff so that they can get on with the ministry and mission of your church
The Benkorp bookkeeping service
Using a bookkeeping service will alleviate the pressures on a local Church to find and retain their own bookkeeper, accountant and/or treasurer – whether that person is staff or volunteer.
Our church clients find this very helpful because it is becoming increasingly difficult for churches to find members who have the time, capacity or expertise to maintain the bookkeeping and accounting.
This is an increasingly complex area of church life and people don’t need to be stressed with these pressures.
Members of the congregation want to enjoy church life and express their faith in serving people and the community.
Up-to-date accounts and compliance
Current and accurate accounts allows the church to
- stay up-to-date with all the compliance updates such as ATO and ACNC,
- make payments on time,
- ensure that users of church facilities are invoiced for their usage and
- monitor income offerings and donations,
- prepare reports for local committees and the denominational head o
Find out more now
Simply contact the Benkorp Team to discuss your situation and requirements.
Our team is ready to help you and your church so that your needs for proper financial management are well served.
Fees for ongoing bookkeeping
Based on your Requirements Questionnaire, Benkorp prepares a presentation for your church. After discussion and agreement with you a fee is agreed
The fee is an annual fee for all services provided by Benkorp and then invoiced to the church monthly
There are 2 Service Plan options:
- Full Service – Benkorp maintains all the bookkeeping, finance compliance requirements and prepare regular reporting for the council/board
- Shared Service – your church and Benkorp share the bookkeeping and accounting following an agreed schedule with clear processes
Make life easier for the current treasurer and the next treasurer
Often the role is quite onerous and avoided by members of the church.
Therefore, by implementing a plan for ongoing services the church management will make it much easier for your church to attract a treasurer. Using specialised outsourced services relieves that pressure and need for a treasurer to have bookkeeping, accounting and financial expertise. They can fulfil their role by liaising with this outsourcing service provided by Benkorp.
Consider one of the 2 plans and discuss with us how your church could take advantage of the service
- FULL SERVICE BOOKKEEPING AND ACCOUNTING
A complete online service provided by Benkorp, using the Xero Accounting system, including:
- Income – offerings, donations, rentals and hires
- Bill (supplier invoices) processing and payments
- Bank entries
- Bank reconciliations
- Payroll processing and related requirements with employee portal
- Month-end reconciliations
- Reporting – local councils, boards, committees external obligations
- ATO including BAS
- Worker’s Compensation form completion
- Liaise with, and prepare for, your financial year-end audit/assurance
- Annual review meetings with your treasurer/team and more
Book a Discovery Session with the Benkorp team.
- JOINT/SHARED SERVICE BOOKKEEPING AND ACCOUNTING
The local church is responsible for some of the basic administrative and bookkeeping functions using the Xero UCAP system.
- This is a great way to save money if you have a savvy admin person on staff or volunteering.
- Benkorp will complete the remaining financial management functions as agreed, and Benkorp provides the training and support to enable a team effort.
Book a Discovery Session with the Benkorp team.
- SPECIAL SERVICE ACCOUNTING
At your request for Benkorp to work through accounting issues and troubleshooting.
Relates to “technical” accounting and bookkeeping issues rather than simply Xero procedures. These maybe too difficult or complicated for your staff or volunteers to resolve without assistance.
May include matters such as:
- resolving reconciliation issues,
- extended investigation and highlighting of problems with transactions,
- matters arising from an assurance review, ongoing review or audit
Clients with another form of Benkorp Agreement, fees $135 per hour minimum 30 mins (Prices excl GST)
Clients without another Benkorp Agreement, ie ad hoc, fees $150 per hour (Prices excl GST)
Note: if your church is not yet using Xero, this is the best opportunity to start.
Simply complete an Order Form for a Standard Package
For any questions or discussion please complete the general inquiry form LINK
Privacy and Contractual Policies
All services provided by Benkorp are covered by our Terms and Conditions LINK
Our liability is limited by a scheme approved under Professional Standards Legislation. Further information on the scheme is available from the Professional Standards Councils’: